- Department of Commerce
- Regional Intellectual Property Attache Office – The Regional Intellectual Property Attache Office in Bangkok provides support for those seeking assistance in IPR protection and enforcement matters. For more information please contact:
Regional Intellectual Property Attache for Southeast Asia
USPTO/Foreign Commercial Service
U.S. Embassy Bangkok
GPF Witthayu Tower A, Suite 302
93/1 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel:+66 2 205 5913
- Export.gov: Brings together resources from across the U.S. Government to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies and succeed in today’s global marketplace. Export.gov also hosts information on the National Export Initiative.
- Export Import Bank of the United States: The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) is the official export credit agency of the United States. Ex-Im Bank’s mission is to assist in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets. Ex-Im Bank provides working capital guarantees (pre-export financing); export credit insurance; and loan guarantees and direct loans (buyer financing).
- National IPR Center: The National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center (IPR Center) stands at the forefront of the U.S. government’s response to global intellectual property (IP) theft.
- Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR): The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) is responsible for developing and coordinating U.S. international trade, commodity, and direct investment policy, and overseeing negotiations with other countries.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation: The Overseas Private Investment Corporation’s (OPIC) mission is to solve critical world challenges by catalyzing markets in developing nations. OPIC accomplishes its mission by delivering finance innovations that help ambitious U.S. businesses successfully enter, grow and compete in emerging markets.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides support to U.S. small businesses and small –business owners across the nation through capital (loans), access to federal contracts, and counseling.
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency: The U.S. Trade and Development Agency helps companies create U.S. jobs through the export of U.S. goods and services for priority development projects in emerging economies. USTDA links U.S. businesses to export opportunities by funding project planning activities, pilot projects, and reverse trade missions while creating sustainable infrastructure and economic growth in partner countries.
- AMCHAMS: AMCHAMs advance the interests of American business overseas. They are voluntary associations of American companies and individuals doing business in a particular country, as well as firms and individuals of that country who operate in the U.S. Currently, 115 AMCHAMS in 102 countries are affiliated with U.S. AMCHAM. Listings of AMCHAMs and contact information by region of interest or country are also available.
- Lao Ministry of Planning and Investment, Investment Promotion Department
- Lao Ministry of Industry and Commerce
- Lao Ministry of Finance
- Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs