The American Center @ That Dam (ACT) is open to the general public FREE of charge from Tuesdays to Fridays 12:00 to 6:45 P.M. and Saturdays 8:30 A.M. to 4:45 P.M.
All visitors to the ACT will undergo full security screening by the local guards. Visitors may bring backpacks, shoulder bags, and personal electronics into the ACT, such as smart phones and tablets. All these items will be screened upon entry. Visitors can use the lockers at the ACT to store their personal belongings.
Visitors to the AC may not bring in the following items:
- Video cameras/recording equipment (larger commercial types). Exceptions to this rule must be approved and supported by an American Center staff.
- Food or drink in metal or non-screen-able containers.
- Knives, fireworks, lighters, firearms, or any item that may be used as a weapon.
All personal items must be removed at the end of each business day. ACT staff is not liable for items lost or damaged.
- No smoking, eating, or drinking (except for water) in the Center.
- Take care of the Center’s resources:
- Return chairs to their proper places
- Put used books on the “Return Desk”
- Put board games back to their proper shelves when done playing
- Don’t write in books and magazines
- Keep the Center clean. Throw your trash in the trash cans.
- Be considerate of others. Speak in low voices. Mute your cellphones. Use the computer headphones.
- Share the space. Make sure you give others a chance to use the computers and board games.
- Enjoy the space! Read. Surf the Internet. Ask questions. Play board games!
- YES, we have desktops – PC and Macs; as well as iPADs you can use for educational purposes. During peak hours (4-7PM) patrons are limited to 1 hour of use.
- When playing videos, please make sure you use headphones.
- FREE WiFi is available at the ACT! Ask the staff for the password.
- YES you can! Patrons may borrow books, DVDs, and back issues of periodicals up to two (2) items for a period of two weeks.
- When an item that has been checked out is reported lost or damaged, the patron shall either provide an exact replacement of the item or shall be charged the cost of the item including shipping charge.
- Patron cards are for personal/family* use only and may not be shared with other users.
- Patrons may borrow two items (books or DVDs) for two weeks.
- For late returns, you will be denied borrowing privileges for one month.
- For losing a book, you will lose your borrowing privilege for a year.
- Patron must be 14 years old and over.
- Sign up for library services