The U.S. Embassy in Vientiane and U.S. Department of State in Washington, DC, accept applications and proposals to implement projects in Laos that support a variety of foreign policy and development goals. Please see below for the current opportunities:
Public Diplomacy Small Grants
The U.S. Embassy in Vientiane provides support for projects whose aim is to promote and deepen the relationship between the United States and the Lao PDR. Grants applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Available Funding Opportunities under Public Diplomacy program include:
- Notice of Funding Opportunity for 2022 Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program
Instructions for submitting a proposal:
All first-time grantees requesting under $25,000 must include the following
- Small Grants Proposal Form
- Budget Narrative
- A DUNS number
- SF424_4_0_V4.0 Application for Federal Assistance for Organization Exp date November 30 2025
- SF424_Individual_2_0-V2.0 Exp date February 28 2026
- SF424A-V1.0 Budget Information Expiration date February 28 2025
- SF424B-V1.1 Assurances Exp date February 28 2025
All grantees who have previously received a U.S. Government grant OR are requesting more than $25,000 must additionally submit: Proof of SAM and NCAGE registration.
If you have questions about Public Diplomacy Small Grants, please don’t hesitate to contact us at VientianeSmallGrants@state.gov