Thank you for your interest in employment with the U.S. Mission in Laos.
The U.S. Mission in Laos provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
We are looking for candidates who have Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees to join our team.
Available Jobs/Vacancy Announcements
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered
To view a current list of all available positions at the U.S. Mission in Laos and to apply online, please visit the below ERA link:
- If you see two positions that look the same, but one has the letter T after the vacancy announcement number, this means we are advertising for both Full Performance and Trainees (the letter T). We will first evaluate applicants who meet all requirements at the Full Performance level. If we cannot find a successful candidate, we will consider candidates who meet the Trainee criteria. If you are unsure of which one you qualify for, it is recommended that you apply for both grade levels..
- If you see two positions that look the same, but one has the letter S after the vacancy announcement number, this means we are allowing people to Subsitute work experience for education requirements.You should apply for either of the positions for which you are qualified; you do not need to apply for both. Applicants who meet either set of requirements are considered to be qualified and will be considered.
Who May Apply
Only applicants who meet the criteria on the “OPEN TO” in a vacancy announcement will be considered. There are three “OPEN TO” options:
- All Interested Applicants
- Current Employees
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) Only – All Agencies
How to Apply
Please follow the instructions and submission guidelines carefully. You are required to submit a completed online application with all required supporting documents by the deadline of each vacancy. Only an online application is accepted.
- Practical Help Sheet: Instructions for submitting application. (English and Lao)
- Applicant User Guide: Instructions for creating Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) account and submitting online application. (English and Lao)
- ERA Application Guide
What to Expect Next
Only applicants who are invited to take a language or skill test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted. If we do not contact you within two weeks, we are not considering you for the position. You may, however, contact VientianeHRHiring@state.gov to confirm.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 08:00am – 17:00pm, excluding official holidays
Tel: +856-21 487000
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Click here for more information on the Vacancy Announcement: Vientiane-2022-022 Consular Assistant, FSN-7
Closing date 12/1/2022
Click here for more information on Development Assistance Specialist (Infections Disease and Disabilities Advisor), FSN-11 | Closing Date1/13/2023
Click here for more information on the Vacancy Announcement: Human Resources Assistant, FSN-8 | Closing Date 01/13/2023