Private businesses are organizing a special flight from Vientiane to Kuala Lumpur, expected to depart 8:55 AM on November 15 and arrive in Kuala Lumpur at approximately 12:45 PM the same day. Tickets are still available. Tickets cost USD$490.
Tickets for this flight can be reserved by contacting Oudomsin Travel at +856 (0)20 55 518 999 or +856 (0)20 55 511 888, Lin Travel at +856 (0)20 59 429 515 or +856 (0)20 59 426 615, or Kian Min Lao Travel at +856 (0)20 55 519 181 or +856 (0)20 55 520 030. These tickets are limited and are available to the general public. Please note that this flight is arranged by private businesses; the Embassy makes no guarantee of quality of service or availability of tickets for U.S. citizens. The Embassy cannot answer questions about the flight or seat availability; please direct such questions to the contact details above. The Embassy also will not make travel arrangements on your behalf.
Please note that U.S. citizens are currently not permitted to enter Malaysia. U.S. citizens may transit through the international terminals of Malaysian airports as long as they are not required to pass through immigration while in transit. Note that this could change with little notice. KLIA and KLIA2 are different terminals, and travelers cannot transfer between these terminals without passing through immigration. Therefore please confirm connecting flight terminals before commencing travel.
Passengers booking this flight will have to book onward connections from Kuala Lumpur to their final destination and will have to show proof to the airline before being allowed to board the flight to Kuala Lumpur.
U.S. citizens considering this flight option should closely review the Malaysian Government’s entry and exit policies. A summary of those policies can be found on the website of the U.S. Embassy in Kuala Lumpur.
Actions to Take
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis pageon state.govfor the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Laos.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Vientiane, Laos
+856 (0)21 487 000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Laos Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook.