Fulbright Student Fellowship Program Scholarship for a Master’s Degree in the United States
Fulbright Student Fellowship Program
Scholarship for a Master’s Degree in the United States
** The deadline for the online application is May 31, 2024
The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the opportunity to compete for the 2025-2026 Fulbright Student Fellowship for graduate study in the United States.
Fulbright Scholarships will be awarded for study in a Master’s degree program during the 2025-2026 academic year (July 2025-June 2026). Fulbright grants will be awarded for graduate study at the Master’s degree level in all fields of study except medicine. (Note: However, applications will be accepted in the field of public health.) Individuals from both the public and the private sectors may apply. Women, minorities, and candidates from outside the capital city of Vientiane are encouraged to apply.
The Fulbright Program was established by the U.S. Congress in 1946 to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and other countries through the exchange of persons, knowledge, and skills.
In order to be eligible to apply for the Fulbright Program, applicants must:
- Be a Lao citizen;
- Be age 40 or under;
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with at least four years of full-time study, a superior academic record, and qualify for admission to a U.S. programs of graduate study.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt readily to a foreign environment;
- Be in good health and able to undergo a rigorous study program;
- Not have extensive experience living or studying in the United States.
- Be proficient in English. Applicants must have excellent English communication skills.
Individuals in the following circumstances are not eligible for the Fulbright Program:
- S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States;
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of Laos;
- Local employees who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). These U.S. government employees are also ineligible to apply for one year following the termination of employment;
- Immediate family members (i.e. spouses and dependent children) of U.S. Department of State and USAID employees. These family members are also ineligible to apply for one year following the termination of employment.
The deadline for online application is May 31, 2024.
To apply for the 2025-2026 Fulbright Foreign Student Program follow the steps below:
Step 1: Read the eligibility requirements above carefully. Before you apply, be sure that you qualify.
Step 2: Go to the link at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2025 Regardless of if you have applied before, select create a new account then complete the details for the new account and save your username and password. Please select your own country location as the country of citizenship.
Step 3: Start and complete all sections of the online application.
- Select Fulbright Program => Fulbright Foreign Student Program =>, select create application => open application and complete 2025-2026 application. Be sure to select the 2025-2026 Fulbright Graduate Student Program on the online application.
- Applicants are not required to take any of the standardized tests at this stage of the application process. Scholarship finalists and alternate candidates will receive test vouchers from the U.S. Embassy to complete the required tests as part of the candidate’s preparation for U.S. university admissions. In section 24, applicants may list the following dates to indicate when he or she plans to take the tests: For the TOEFL and GRE, please list August 2024.
- Request letters of recommendation and provide all relevant instructions to professors and employers with the date by which they need to be completed. It is your responsibility to ensure they complete the letters on time towards your application.
- Your essays are the most important part of your application. Plagiarism – the unfair use of the words and ideas of others – will not be tolerated and can lead to disqualification from the Fulbright program.
- Submit official transcripts of academic performance for all years of study including degree. If the applicants have attended more than one university during their undergraduate degree, transcripts and degree from all universities attended must be submitted along with the application.
Note: Applications written or assisted by technological tools (including, but not limited to, translation services, editing software, and artificial intelligence tools), will be disqualified. You will also be disqualified for plagiarism. By submitting your Fulbright application to the U.S. Embassy, you agree that giving false or misleading information in the application will result in exclusion from the competition or immediate dismissal from this program.
Previous Fulbright Scholarship Applicants
Any person who has previously submitted a Fulbright application must submit a new application. If you have submitted a previous application via the online platform, you must create a new account and create a new application to avoid technical complications. Fulbright becomes more competitive each, therefore you are encouraged to revise your essays and update your information.
The application MUST be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2025 . Deadline for online application submission is May 31, 2024. Late applications will not be accepted. For more information and questions, please send an email to USGscholarshipsLaos@state.gov Tel: +856-21-487055 .