Event: Dengue is endemic throughout Southeast Asia, including Laos, and is a leading cause of febrile illness among travelers. Risk of Dengue in Laos is present nationally and year-round. Peak transmission occurs during warmer and wetter months, usually from May to October.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the CDC’swebsite for health information on Dengue and on Laos.
- Consult a medical professional if you know you have been in direct contact with an infected person within the past three weeks and have symptoms of Dengue.
- U.S. Embassy Vientiane, Laos
- State Department – – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Laos Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter