Event: On March 17, the Government of Laos declared that individuals not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms entering Laos from a country without a common border with Laos but with more than 100 confirmed cases of COVID-19 are required to undertake 14 days of self-quarantine after entering Laos.
Individuals not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms who enter Laos from a country with a common border with Laos and from a province of that country that also shares a border with Laos are required to undertake 14 days of self-quarantine if the province from which they entered has more than 3 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Individuals not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms who enter Laos from a country with a common border with Laos and from a province of that country that does not share a border with Laos are required to undertake 14 days of self-quarantine if the province from which they entered has more than 10 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Lao authorities will send all entrants exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms to a Vientiane hospital for treatment.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Laos.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Vientiane, Laos
+856 (0)21 487 000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Laos Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook.