On March 24, the Embassy of Thailand in Vientiane announced enhanced measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All commercial flights between Vientiane and Bangkok will be discontinued after March 27 until further notice. Thai Airways will operate one flight on March 25 and another on March 27. U.S. Citizens interested in these flights should contact Thai Airways and consult the guidance in this Health Alert about enhanced measures the Royal Thai Government has put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Travelers should be prepared for further travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Laos.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Vientiane, Laos
+856 (0)21 487 000
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Laos Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook.