The government of Laos’ Ministry of Health (MoH) released a note on April 1, 2021 inviting members of the public, in certain target groups, to register for COVID-19 vaccinations in Vientiane. The government is employing a phased approach that prioritizes health workers, people over 60, and people with underlying health conditions.
Foreigners, including U.S. citizens, generally may qualify for vaccinations, if they meet the eligibility requirements. For example, certain employment categories are deemed essential and include health workers, teachers, and certain industrial employment categories.
For more information on eligibility criteria and to register for the vaccinations please check the following websites:
If you have any questions about the Ministry of Health’s registration, qualification system, or vaccination plans, you should contact them through the links above. The U.S. Embassy does not have any additional information beyond what is provided on the above website.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Laos.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Vientiane, Laos
+856 (0)21 487 000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Laos Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook.