March 30, 2020
Event: Possible Evacuation Flights for United States Citizens
The Department of State is preparing potential evacuation flights with capacity for private U.S. citizens on a reimbursable basis, leaving Wattay International Airport in early April 2020, and proceeding to a destination in the United States TBD. Estimated cost per passenger will be $1125. Details on the destination of the flight are forthcoming; passengers will be responsible for booking domestic flights to their final destinations.
Please note that all passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. Government for the flight, and a promissory note must be signed before boarding.
U.S. citizens in possession of valid U.S. passports who are interested and prepared to travel should complete this survey HERE immediately. Please do not call to confirm receipt of your email; you will be contacted with additional information.
Each traveler should submit their information individually (one form per passenger). Parents/guardians should submit one form for each child that will be accompanying them, and note their relationship in the “Special Considerations” box in the form.
U.S. citizens without a valid U.S. passport who wish to depart on this flight should send their name, date of birth, and the number of their most recent expired passport to email@example.com. Please indicate that the passport is expired. You will be contacted with information on how to obtain an emergency passport.
U.S. Legal Permanent Residents (holders of valid Green Cards) who wish to depart on this flight should send their name, date of birth, and A number (Green Card number) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals on this transport may be subject to CDC screening, health observation, monitoring requirements and existing DHS entry requirements. Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Laos.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.