Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Taxes)

There is no Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office at the U.S. Embassy in Vientiane. The Consular staff is unable to answer inquiries about the preparation and filing of U.S. taxes.

The State Department reminds all U.S. Citizens and Legal Permanent Resident Aliens that you are responsible for filing U.S. federal income tax returns while living overseas.

You will find additional useful information on the IRS website like frequently asked questions on taxes or how to apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)