The followings are required:
- Make an appointment here
- Complete DS-11 online and print a hard copy. You may obtain a blank copy of the form in our office on your appointment date
- Passport Photo: One recent photo, 2×2 inches white background. Please click here for more information
- Birth Certificate with parent’s names
- U.S. Passport or other government-issued identification for both parents
- Fee of $115, payable in cash (USD or LAK) No credit card
- Note: If your child was under 5 at the time their last passport was issued, it is recommended to bring 1-2 photographs per year from the time the last passport was issued to the present, to show how their appearance has changed. Please also note that in some cases the Consular Officer may request additional documentation or photos, following the initial application.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Children under the age of sixteen should appear in person with both parents. Obtaining or renewing a passport for a minor is a process that require two-parent consent. If one parent executes the application, that parent must establish sole authority to execute the application or the absent parent’s notarized written form DS-3053 (PDF 42 KB) as well as a clear photocopy of the back & front of the non appearing parent’s government issued photo identification. DS-3053 (PDF 42 KB) can be notarized by appointment at the U.S. Embassy (free of charge).